This is the weekend that adventurous runners in Cape Town has been waiting for all year – the IMPI Challenge is coming to town and The Pundits will be there to cover all the action.
Unfortunately, I’m still carrying an injury, while @KeeganKruger is just too shit lazy to compete, meaning our stand-in runner, Tanya Wei, will bring you all the action from this weekend’s event at Coetzenburg, Stellenbosch.
To make sure she does not miss anything, we’re strapping a GoPro to her head for a first-person view of the fun, and of course, the obstacles.
She’ll be joined by her fellow Rejects, Gordie and Jules as all three tackle the IMPI Challenge for their very first time.
Runners have different routes and distances to choose from, which means there’s really no excuse for anyone to miss out. (Unless you’re injured or lazy, like us.)
- IMPI Elite – 18-20km
- IMPI Challenge & Corporate – 10km
- IMPI Dash – 5km
- IMPI Mini -1 km (This is for the kiddies)
I’ve done the 10km IMPI before and can honestly say: You’ll be hard-pressed to find something more fun to compete in, and it really looks way worse than it is. I’m honestly super bleak that I am missing out.
Why People Love the IMPI Challenge
- A challenge and an amazing experience
- Incredible trail running and natural beauty
- Official IMPI printed photo’s at the finish for all participants FREE
- Massage post event FREE, courtesy of Deep Heat and ept Recovery
- IMPI Festival Area–music, cool vibe and great food
- Best Dressed Competition and other competitions and prizes
- Secure parking FREE
- Bag drop facilities FREE
- World-class medical team
- Safe and well-engineered obstacles
- FREE Spectator access and marked support route
If you think you’re up for the challenge, why not join in the fun?
Make sure you head over to www.impichallenge.co.za to enter and take some friends along with you.
If you see the Rejects at the beer tent, come and say hi.